Spoilers within...
She-Hulk #37 features the emerald empress right after her stint with the Lady Liberators from the previous arc. Mallory Book (incorrectly called Malloy Book at her entrance... come on, editors!) saves the day by getting Jennifer out of trouble with the law for her actions.
All the while, Jazinda is feeling left out and abandoned by Jennifer, and the Man-Elephant returns as the evil Behemoth! A fun issue, which seems to be setting up for a quiet dismissal of the series. My guess is She-Hulk will return to the law firm (though not before saving Jazinda from Behemoth), and her partner Jaz will go off to do her own thing (aka limbo).The writing was pretty good, though I found Mallory Book to be slightly out of character. And I still can't get over "Malloy." Man-Elephant is as lame as can be, PAD could've used Ultima and her daddy Voice, or Doc, or even effin' Grappler, yet he chose to bring back the fat old guy in an elephant costume. Still, his Cyttorak-powered Behemoth persona is slightly interesting...
The art was spectacular. I've grown used to Vincenzo Cucca's art style, which was glamorously cartoony and very fitting for She-Hulk, in my opinion... but the artist (Steve Scott) drew She-Hulk just as she should be... a muscular beauty. I really look forward to more work by Scott in the future.
I'm dreading the closure of this series as well. It's not right...not when there are other books that need to be canceled (Legacy, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider)...
ReplyDelete